It can be incredibly overwhelming to figure out what to eat and what not to eat. The pH scale with foods and beverages is a tricky and sometimes frustrating process to understand. I have heard from many readers that a simple page to show exactly what to avoid and what can be added to our diet would be of a great assistance. Here I will break it down on a very easy level for you all.
Yeast Spores - pH of 4.5 to 7
Mold Toxins - pH of 6.0 to 2
The human body has a pH of commonly 7.25 when healthy. Body Fluids IE: Urine, Sweat, Tears - 6.5. Saliva as it is a digestive fluid, should have a healthy pH between 6.5 to 7.5. Gastric acid (digestive fluid, formed in the stomach) has a pH of 1-3 and is composed of hydrochloric acid. This is where mold toxins can wreak havoc as it has the lowest pH within our bodies. So if you can understand the natural balance of our 7.25 to our digestive track with a super low number like 2, it's easy to see how quickly our bodies will break down if we lose these numbers.
Candida naturally enjoys a pH between 4.5 to 7 as told above, so this is why it adores our tongue as a host. Also when Candida leaves our digestive track, it drastically brings the pH level of our bodies down to an acidic level, which welcomes bad bacteria and toxins to take over. Side note: Men over women commonly suffer at a higher rate from full body candida infections. It shows in their gut, where fat cells grow around their organs internally. This type of fat is very hard to remove, as toxins are stored in human fat cells.
Mycotoxins, (The toxins fungi produces after consuming substrates and also to defend itself - has same effect as snake venom) can burst through the skin of someone with a acidic pH very easily. This can cause instantaneous atrophy. Once these mycotoxins reach the capillaries and arteries, they will expand and push out the healthy tissue surround it. There on after, the bad bacteria and yeast move into the cleared out area. They will prosper, feeding off of your nutrients as well as the dead cells. Once our bodies pH hits 5.0 and drops further, Cancer can also begin to form.
If you have old silver fillings in your mouth leaching mercury, or if you eat too much seafood; this mercury, will aid in shutting down proper homeostasis in your body. A host of other ailments will start to show, that often ends up mistreated. Also children who get more than one shot in a sitting, can suffer from heavy metal poisoning, even die. Even Vitamin shots contain Aluminum and other terrible man made chemicals. This is very deadly in children and infants as they do not have the resistance to defend against such an onslaught of foreign toxins. Please vaccinate once shot one visit. And space them out over three years, not three weeks.
Candida infections and mercury poisoning, sadly go hand in hand. This is why it's all about having a balanced pH for proper homeostasis. Chlorophyll is key to recovering from heavy metal poisoning and an improper pH level. It will remove the toxins and metals from your body as well as the taming back the candida (Or Bad Bacteria) overgrowth. It also helps to clean the blood, rebuilds your mucous membranes, flushes out your detoxification system, an appetite and mood enhancer, (If from Alfalfa) and will help along side an alkaline diet to bring the body's pH level back to a safer level.
If you wish for more information on treatments after you read through this page, Please click the link at the top of the page - Medicinal Herbs and Treatments or click the link here below:
So Yeast prospers along the base side of the pH scale and most molds prospers along the acidic scale. Now the strange thing is Yeast can tolerate even the lower end of the spectrum and some molds can also survive in higher numbers. In the vaginal area, Yeast can oddly prosper at a pH of 4.5. This is why you need carefully tailor your diet to bring back a healthy pH level. If like me from my past, you suffer with both Mycotoxins and Yeast Spores as I had, first you are going to want to kill the mold and their toxins by going towards a base type of diet on the pH scale. a diet rich in alkaline pH foods will help greatly. Just you give you an idea of how off I was, my urine, saliva, tears and well, every other part of me was at a pH of 4.5. My diet at the time was incredibly acidic and allowed this process to start, as well as having old silver fillings that were leaching Mercury into my bloodstream. I had over seven of them in my mouth at one time. Eventually, I was unable to digest or breakdown important nutrients like Vitamin C and Calcium which started the terrible process of body break down and atrophy. If you are too base or too acidic this can completely shut down your entire system. It's like walking a tightrope yes, but in the end you'll see why this drastic diet change is needed. This is why having pH test strips in your home is a great help along with your diet change.
Excess body acidity is prevalent today because poor diet, insufficient exercise, over-exercising (especially too much cardio, which contributes to stress) and chronic stress can lead to excess acid in our internal environment. When our body becomes acidic, minerals such as potassium, sodium, magnesium and calcium may be stolen from our vital organs and bones to combat or buffer the acid.
Consequences of extended acid excess
If these mineral losses and metabolic abnormalities continue, we can increase our risk for a number of conditions including:
• Obesity, slow metabolism and inability to lose weight
• Chronic inflammation
• High blood pressure
• Weight gain, obesity and diabetes
• Bladder and kidney conditions, including kidney stones
• Weakened immunity
• Premature aging
• Osteoporosis, weak or brittle bones, fractures and bone spurs.
• Joint pain, aching muscles and lactic-acid buildup
• Low energy and chronic fatigue
• Mood swings
• Slow digestion and elimination
• Yeast/fungal overgrowth
• Renal failure
These problems are not surprising, since excess acid can also interfere with our hormones. For example, in an acidic environment, as much as twice the amount of estrogen may be needed to exert its effects in the body. So, if you have a health problem, you are likely a walking acid trip. No matter what type of therapy you choose to treat your condition, resolution will not come until your pH balance is restored.
You will also enjoy the most dramatic results from your healthy lifestyle habits when your body is slightly alkaline. Acidity decreases your body’s ability to absorb the vitamins and minerals from your foods and supplements. It interferes with your ability to detoxify. It disrupts your metabolism and it makes you more prone to fatigue and mood changes.
Do the acid test:
You can test your body fluids (saliva or urine) using litmus paper strips purchased from your local health food store. Test your pH with your saliva or urine first thing in the morning, one hour before a meal or two hours after eating.
Saliva: Before brushing your teeth, fill your mouth with saliva and swallow; repeat, then spit directly on the pH test strip. This three-step process will ensure a clean saliva sample. Measure your saliva pH in the same manner again later in the day, at least two hours after eating.
Urine: Collect a small sample of your first morning urine in a clean glass container; dip the pH strip in the container.
Match your strip to the associated color on the package of pH papers to determine your body pH. Ideally your pH strip should turn the same color matched with 7.2 to 7.4 on the package (usually dark green or bluish depending on the brand of pH papers you purchase).
If the pH of your saliva stays between 7 and 7.4 all day, your body is functioning within a healthy range. If your urinary pH fluctuates between 6 to 6.5 in the morning and 6.5 and 7 in the evening, your body is within a healthy pH range. First morning urine should be slightly more acidic as you eliminate waste accumulated throughout the night. Continue to measure your pH daily if your values are abnormal, otherwise testing once a week will suffice.
What can you do if you are acidic?
1. Increase your intake of dark colored fruits and green vegetables. Most are alkalizing.
2. Reduce high-protein foods, processed cereals and flours, sugar, coffee, tea and alcohol, which are acidifying, while increasing vegetables, millet, quinoa, soy, almonds and wild rice, which are alkalizing.
3. Upon rising and prior to meals, drink the juice of half of a lemon in water. Lemon is naturally alkalizing.
4. Eat one cup of alkalizing greens daily (such as spinach, kale, collards, mustard greens, rapini, water cress, bok choy).
5. Enjoy a vegetable or miso broth (one tsp of miso dissolved in one cup of hot, not boiling, water). Experiment with adding cooked daikon radish rounds and a small amount of cooked wakame seaweed to the miso broth.
6. Choose fish and lamb over beef and chicken for less acid-forming animal protein.
7. Use primarily olive oil as it is less acid-forming than other vegetable oils.
8. Eat a good amount of carrots or use buffered vitamin C powder. (one half to one teaspoon per day in water before bed to alkalize your body.)
- No Carbs: I.E. Potatoes, Radishes, Squash, Grains (Carrots, Turnips, Parsnips are okay - Oats, rice only in small amounts during weaning. Flax Seed is a great way to help ween yourself off wheat and other grains. Use more of it in bread and muffin recipes opposite to normal flour.)
- Absolutely No SUGAR: I.E. Negative Sugars: Oranges, Cane Sugar, Bananas, Positive Sugars I.E. Apples, Pears, Raspberries, Beets.
- Limes, Lemons are the only exception - All sugar must not be in diet to alter your pH.
- No Alcohol (Wine:
- tannins in red wine will make a moldie incredibly sick and can also aggravate the pH level of our bodies. Wine is very acidic, so that's a big no no. Beer: Full of yeast and grain. highly acidic and will further breakdown digestion. Liquor as well is off limits.)
- No Fermented Things: I.E. Soy sauce, vinegar - These are very acidic in nature.
- No Caffeine: (No coffee, or non organic tea)
- No Pork : Contains Nitrates which will aggravate the process of Gout in men and in women it can aggravate our kidneys.
- No Aged Cheese: I.E All Cheddar, Bleu, Swiss, Brie, Colby, Gouda, Parmesan, Provolone, Romano
- No Spicy Foods: I.E. Hot Peppers, Hot Sauce, Wasabi
- Organic Rice: Okay in small amounts during weaning
- Organic Corn: Okay in small amounts during weaning
- The four things to completely remove for success are: Corn, Beef, Chicken, and sugars of all kind during full out detox. Try to eat more lamb, fish and eggs for your protein.
- Free Range Eggs
- Organic Peanut/Cashew Butter: Can be eaten in moderation. No Added Sugar though - must be pure and organic only and only during the weaning process. Can Contain Aflatoxins.
- Organic Vegetables: I.E Carrots, Broccoli, Asparagus, Brussels Sprouts, Lettuce, Arugula, Artichokes, Celery, Fennel, Turnips, Cucumbers, Tomatoes, Onions, Garlic, Peppers (Not Hot peppers) Always fresh. Never brown looking.
- Free Range Chicken - Be careful where you by, can contain toxins.
- Free Range Beef: in small amounts. can contain toxins.
- Free Range Turkey - Be careful where you by, can contain toxins.
- Organic Buttermilk
- Nuts and Seeds: Are okay in small amounts during weaning only. Can Contain aflaxtions.
- Green Beans: are okay in moderation, if brown or old, do not eat, can contain toxins.
- Salads Daily: Use Lemon Juice for dressing when in weaning stage.
- Spices are a wonderful way to open up the taste of these blander foods. I.E. Curry, non spicy paprika, Oregano
- Fresh Cheese: I.E Fresh Mozzarella, Cottage Cheese, Alouette, Boursin, Buttermilk Cheese (Make with Butter milk), Cream Cheese, Ricotta Cheese. All in moderate Amounts.
- Organic Milk
- Organic Sour Cream: In moderation only - I.E salad dressing with spices to makes it taste yummy.
- Organic Half and Half
- Organic Butter - Good idea for salads is to melt butter that was infused with herbs like garlic and oregano. Helps make the salad taste like something other than leaves. Also Makes a great dip.
- Organic Coconut Oil: is a great to cook with and use as salad dressing with herbs and spices when 100% detox! Must make sure it comes from a reputable source as it can contain toxins.
- Organic Coconut Milk: Is another great way to sweeten up something you wish to have sugar on. It's really wonderful treat every now and then during detox. It's okay in moderation, but be sparing.
- Organic Oats: Most organic oats are okay.
- Light Colored / Brewed Beer: The darker the beer the more yeast that was used. Light beer may still even contain toxins. If you have issues with drinking. Don't drink things like Guinness or comparable to that. Too chock full of toxins.
- A very important fact to add is when the detox beings, you will feel worse during the process then you did while you were sick. The interesting part of this is that you also feel better at the same time. I feel it is partly because you understand that the yeasts, toxins, and other fungi infecting your body are being tamed back. The slow removal of all toxins is goal of any detox. You might be bed-ridden, and praying to god but when its over, you'll appreciate your hard work. It is a hard long road, but please, stay on your diet and do not waiver. It will help you in the long run three fold. It might take a couple of months for you to detox completely, but with the right doctor, and the right supplements, you will be wonderful after the whole thing.